[Elfsea] Wandering Bardic/going away party

Jane Sitton jane.sitton at radioshack.com
Thu May 10 09:08:30 PDT 2001

Bonjour, mes cousins et cousines!  Madelina de Lyndesaye doth send hearty
greetings!

This is a reminder that Loch Ruadh's monthly Wandering Bardic will be held
tomorrow, Friday, May 11th, at 7:30 p.m. at the home of Cian Oi Owenacht and
Sharlyne Lockhart of Glaslyn (m.k.a. John Lovelady and Charlene Lockhart.)

The pertinent info:

Date:  Friday, May 11th

Time:  7:30 p.m. until ??? (We may have several latecomers arrive around 10
p.m. or so, after the demo for "A Knight's Tale", so if you're like me,
always running a day late and a dollar short, don't worry about arriving
past the appointed hour... these things don't get really started good until
everyone's had a few nips at the jug, anyway.)

Place:  1246 Abelia Drive, Ft. Worth, TX 76108 (at the end of the road) See
bottom of the page for a map.

Phone:  817-367-7885

Potluck supper:  whenever enough food arrives.  Please bring something to
share with approx. 8 people.  Cian will be cooking the first 40 hamburgers.
Feel free to bring whatever meat you want heated up as well.  Bring your
favorite drinks also.

Format:  nothing formal, but poetry and stories will be encouraged -- the
more lovesick and flowery the poetry, the better, and the taller the tale,
the better.  Scary stories are good, too.  This is to encourage those of you
who profess that you can't sing to perform something anyway.  Also, I am
fond of asking people to perform the first piece they heard that lured them
into the SCA/Ren Faire way of life.  So bring your songbooks and bard books!

There is seating available for about 24, and a 20' concrete table, as well
as a firepit and a couple of grills. So you many need to bring a chair just
in case.

As always, garb is encouraged, but not required.  Clothing, however, is NOT
optional (unless you happen to be "on the woad again").

While children are welcome, they must be carefully watched.  Neither the
homeowner nor any agent of the Canton of Loch Ruadh will be responsible for
unsupervised children, who will most likely be traded off to Vikings.

This will also be a going away party for Sharlyne, who is moving June 16th
to Scotland!  Our loss is Drachenwald's gain.  Please, everyone, join me in
giving a new, dear friend a proper Ansteorran send off.

Please pass the word to anyone who might be interested who does not have
access to email.

In service and in friendship,
Madelina de Lyndesaye
Current keeper of the cloak of Kragenworth Keep

If the link for the map doesn't work, copy the URL to the address box in
your browser and hit enter.  If all else fails, go to Yahoo! Maps or
Mapquest, enter the address, and voila!

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.pyBFCat=&Pyt=Tmap&newFL=Use+Address+Below&addr
=1246+Abelia+Drive&csz=Ft.+Worth%2C+TX+76108+&country=us&Get%A0Map=Get+Map