[Elfsea] More info from afar.....

JengjenVandeRoet at aol.com JengjenVandeRoet at aol.com
Wed May 16 04:12:35 PDT 2001

THLady Barbara Sterling forwards this information concerning
Andrew Holly, Duke Andrew of Seldom Rest

From: "Judith Kirk" <Kirk at ucs5.cc.wmich.edu>
Subject: Holly Family Fund and Andrew's final arrangements
Date: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 10:38 AM

Greetings and well-met to all who read these presents. I am not a
member of the list to which Duke Andrew sent his final post,
please forward this as widely as possible, especially to the siege
weapons, missile weapons, religious anthropology, SCA Universitatis,
and SCA Baronage lists.

First, I speak on behalf of the Holly family regarding the final
arrangements for Duke Andrew. Cremation will take place, and there
will be a PRIVATE family service at a later date. At this time,
there are no plans for an SCA memorial service. If this situation
changes, news will be shared, again, as widely as possible. Thank
you all for your understanding and respect for the family's wishes,
as difficult as this may be for many of you.

Thank you all for your consideration and your good thoughts for the
family, they mean far more than you can ever imagine at this
terribly difficult time in their lives. Thank you as well for your
gracious cooperation in giving the family some space to breathe as
they deal with this tragedy. Please continue to give them a little
more time, there are a great number of details and issues to be
worked out. The family is incredibly touched by the outpouring of
love and concern.

Secondly, Master Sir Alan Culross has established a fund for the
Holly family, to help offset their expenses. I am honored, as a
long-time Seldom Rest member and emeriti, to function as a co-sponsor
and distributor of information for Sir Alan, and also to function as
the voice for the Holly family at this time.

Please send contributions to Alan Culross as follows:

Mail contributions to:

Holly Fund
c/o Michael L. Squires
546 North Park Ridge Road
Bloomington, IN 47408

812 333 6564
mikes at indiana.edu

Checks should be made out to "Mike Squires" with a note, if you
wish, in the memo field that the contribution is for the "Holly
Fund".

Alan tried to set up a separate account, but that turned out to be
impossible at his bank.  If some more appropriate method of making
this contribution becomes available you'll be notified and your
contribution will be transferred there if you wish.

If you have questions, you can direct them to myself or to Master
Sir Alan. Please be advised, I will be leaving this Saturday, May
19, to be out of town for the following week, so questions after
Friday, May 18, should most definitely be directed to Alan, if you
wish a timely response.

Cards and letters can be sent to either Sir Alan, or to myself, at
the following address, and we will collect them and pass them on to
the family. Note Sir Alan's address above, my contact information
is:

Holly family
c/o Judith A. Kirk
1106 Egleston Avenue
Kalamazoo, MI 49001-3837

616-385-4717
judith.a.kirk at wmich.edu

Thank you again, everyone, for your cooperation, your caring, and
your indulgence. Truly we are a blessed large, extended family in
the Society.

Yours in service,

Master Sir Alan Culross
Mistress Siobhan O'Neill