[Elfsea] Re: [Ansteorra-announce] Last notice for DFT Guardian of the Tor X

baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org
Fri May 18 09:52:30 PDT 2001

I just want to say that I'm looking forward to stiff
competition tomorrow to choose my successor as Guardian
of the Tor.

The belted and unbelted fighters of Elfsea, not to
mention the stalwarts of the wonderful neigboring
groups, are an excellent pool from which to draw the
next champion in a line including:

Duke Seamus of the Cats
Centurion Robin of Gilwell
Duke Mikael of Monmouthshire
Sir Galen Niccoli
Viscount Galen of Bristol
Viscount Galen of Bristol
Viscount Ivan Howard of Hightower
Centurion Airaklee Wolf
Viscount Galen of Bristol

Will I remain the only heavy fighter to repeat as
Guardian of the Tor?  Will a new name be found in this
worthy list tomorrow?

And what of the rapier fighters?  Who will join the
ranks of Don Robin, Don Miguel, Lady Genevieve, Don
Brendan, and Don Duncan, to name a few?

Which archers will seek to succeed Don Sebastian, Lord
Eadric, and Lord Fearghus?

And what bards will seek to join the company of Don
Miguel, myself, Lady Mara, Lady Lauretta, Lord Darius
and Lord Phillip?

The regalia for all of these is impressive, the Canton
is a wonderful group to be the champion for.

I'll look forward to seeing these competitions.

- Galen of Bristol, Viscount, KSCA, etc.,
Baron of Elfsea, Lord of Dragonsfire Tor,
Guardian of the Tor

Quoting Scott Cason <scason at eaze.net>:

> Come one come all to join the Canton of Dragonsfire
Tor in celebrating
> our 10th Guardian of the Tor on May 18-20, 2001.
>
>   Come match your skill in Chivalric or Rapier combat
in our Dragon
> Pit. Where you have the opportunity to compete
against noble and
> gallant fighters of this fair kingdom and The Tor's
past Guardians, in
> an endeavor to win the title of Guardian of the Tor.
>  Archers come test your skill against others that
have mastered the
> skill of the bow and see who will emerge from the
volley of arrows to
> be the newest Archery Guardian of the Tor.
>   Bards, poets, skalds performers all, hone your best
pieces and
> compete against  wonderful talent and join in the
camaraderie of the
> bardic circle with it's friendship and competition
and before the day
> doth break discover which of you will be the newest
Bard of the Tor.
>   Keep your live weapons skills honed for War or even
come out to
> learn about live weapons at the knife, ax, and spear
throw.
>   Artisans come display your works with the others of
skill and talent
> in this kingdom. Bring tokens to give to others who's
works you enjoy
> in
> this Largess A & S display.
>   Feast to celebrate our 10th Anniversary of the Tor
is included with
> your site fee. This site is "wet" but please bring
period containers.
>   Sorry no pets allowed. Parking limited. Unloading
and Handicapped
> parking available. If you need to make arrangements
for RV hookup
> please
> contact the owners Marilyn and Lou Holste of Camp
Paradise (817)
> 578-3389.
>
> Site opens 4:00 pm Friday the 18th.  Site closes
12:00 pm Sunday the
> 20th.
> Site fee is $12 for 12-adult, $ 8.00 for children 6-
12, and children
> under 6 are free. Family Cap is $36.00. Make checks
payable to: SCA
> Inc./Canton of Dragonsfire Tor.
> A parent or legal guardian must accompany minors.
They may also
> attend with a 21-year or older adult with a signed
and notarized Minor
> Event
> Waiver Form from the parents.
>
> Directions from I-20: Take I-20 to HWY 377 South to
Granbury. Take the
> downtown/business exit. Go to the second stop sign on
the square, and
> turn right. Go through the next stop sign, go over
the tracks and veer
> left
> on to HWY 4. Travel approx 3.5 miles to FM 2580 turn
right. Travel
> approx.
> 4.0 miles to Camp Paradise Ct. Turn right. Look for
SCA signs.

> All other comments and questions can be directed to
the Autocrat.

> Ld. Eoghan MacCinead
>     (Scotty Cason) e-mail scason at eaze.net
>     1230 Isla Street, Stephenville TX, 76401
>     (254) 965-4840 please No calls before 3:30 pm or
after 9:00 pm