[Elfsea] Re: [Steppes] More info from afar.....

Wilim Penbras wilim.penbras at pandora.org
Wed May 16 08:17:59 PDT 2001

I can appreciate what Franchesca has said below.  There is one small thing I wanted to address and then I too will simply work to make sure we never lose another good person because they don't think they can ask for help.

For those Who didn't know Duke Andrew, the bio from his page in his words follows.
-------------------------------------

Duke Andrew of Seldomrest, KSCA, OP
Elevated by: Franz
Never squired

Others have included a short version of their
SCA bios on their stallplates. This gives me
cause to do the same:

My first event was at the Knighting of Sir
Thorvald inn Grimmi. My first combat upon the
Lists was against this noble Knight on that
same day. Three blows was all it took, I swung
at him (blocked), he hit me and I hit the
ground.

Resume':
5th Knight of the Middle Kingdom
5th, 7th and 25th (?) King of the Middle Kingdom
5th Pelican of the Middle Kingdom
Created the first Kingdom Laws
Created the first Middle Kingdom Exchequer
Created the first Middle Kingdom Pelican
Created the office of Dragon Signet
King of the Middle at PW I, PW II and PW XI
Earl Marshall of the Middle Kingdom x 2
Created the "Authorization" process
Second Marshall of the SCA
Created the office of Chirurgeon
Authorized the Kingdom of Ansteorra to develop
fencing in the SCA and lots of other stuff,
mostly in Ohio, but who's counting?

The number of my squires and other retainers who
have been recognized as Peers of one kind or
another are legion.  They have impressed me
greatly and make the above resume' as nothing.

The Knights amongst them are:

Sir Barfionn de Tahhe
Sir Talymar gan y Lewydd
Sir Valydon Sallyforth
Sir Knarlic Wulfhereson (Drachenwald)
Sir William the Finn (Meridies)
Sir Loric Sylvestris (Meridies)
Sir Cormac O"Sullivan (Calontir)
Sir David de Kunstenaar (Man at Arms)

This is another person I will never know but one whom I and the world will miss none the less.

Wilim