[Elfsea] Re: [Steppes] Exemplary School!!

Crystal aslyn2 at mindspring.com
Thu May 17 15:29:50 PDT 2001

Aslyn here:

Hooray for Bray Elementary!  Way to go!  Whoo-hoo!!!  Applause!!!  Sounds
like a great school   :-D

May I brag on my guys as well?  :-)  My school (Bullock Elementary in
Garland) earned its fourth consecutive Exemplary rating as well, and were
just awarded a National Title I award.

I believe (fingers crossed) the preliminary scores are:

Third:    Reading:  97?        Math:  100
Fourth:  Reading:    95?  Math:  100   Writing:  97.5
Fifth:  Reading:  90 (pending scoring problems)  Math:  100

I'm especially proud of these guys because a Title I designation indicates
that these kiddos statistically come from very low income families.  In
addition, the majority of the school is bilingual.  Just goes to show that
kids will rise to meet expectations.

So, folks, go hug a teacher...hand them some Maalox....give them a gift
certificate for dinner out...

~Aslyn
(going back to law will *not* be this interesting....lol)