[Elfsea] Chivalry

Tessa Nieto eleanor_cleavely at yahoo.com
Tue May 29 13:00:39 PDT 2001

Good gentles,

to me, Chivalry is the willingness to do what needs to
be done without complaining or whining. It is also the
ability to make someone's duties a little easier by
helping out when they are overwhelmed or tired.

On Sunday night, I saw chivalry in its highest form.
As the storm blew through, gentles gathered together
in the privies and helped each other to calm down and
relax. Others braved the blowing winds to reunite lost
family members and assist those whose tents had been
knocked down.

Lady Simone entertained nervous children with her
lovely voice and razor-sharp wit in the showers as the
storm blew through.

Others whose names I, sadly, do not remember or never
got helped out by getting people to safety and making
sure that everyone was relatively comfortable.

I have to say that, while Chivalry is something we all
aspire to have, it is rare to see in the SCA these
days. I saw it with my own eyes Sunday night and it
made me proud to be in the SCA.

VIVAT STEPPES!
VIVAT ELFSEA!
VIVAT ANSTEORRA!