[Elfsea] FW: update on Arabella

Ladyarabella ladyarabella at home.com
Thu May 3 20:20:51 PDT 2001

Greetings to all of you,
I just found out that my medical condition has gotten around the Kingdom
rather quickly and wanted to give you all an update and sooth your concerns.

I was discharged from the hospital on Monday after my subdural hematoma and
subsequence brain surgery.  Yes the surgery was successful.  They drilled 2
holes in my skull and drained the blood.  I now have a "period" medical
procedure.  I thank the great Lord that they didn't have to "pop the cork"
(ie saw off part of my skull for greater access and then replace it)

I told Allyson that she could do a paper on me.  Hell I might do one myself.
Yes I have shaved off the rest of my hair to match what my neurosurgeon's
hair do.  There is a freedom I never expected having no hair.  Take a shower
and with one swipe of a towel I'm done.  My neurosurgeon told me that I
can't drive for 2 weeks but other than that I'm ok.  And will be up to speed
in no time.

The Kingdom Calendar will be updated before for the next issue of the
BlackStar on schedule with all the correct dates.
I wish to thank the following people for their well wishes either by email
or in person, those who fed my family while I was incapacitated, those who
visited me at the hospital, those who took care of my very worried Husband,
those who looked after my girls, (like that was a hard job.. they are
wonderful aren't they?), and those who partied for me and had a great time
at Springfaire.  In no particular order:
Xene & Llywellyn, Galen & Allessandre, Maria & Phelippe, Ceata & Robin,
Lavina & David, Tanywn, Alaric, Ameline & Armand, Richard Fairbourne,
Ceinwen & Airaklee, Sindara & Sfi, Timothy & Anezka , Darius & Rosalia ,
Mara, Mary Elizabeth, Brighid, Larissa, Vix, Caelin, Rixende & Tomas,
Michael of the Frey, Dana, Padraig & Amber , Romanius , Vanora, Artair &
Rose, Bice, Agnarr & Inanna, Bedb, and Fritz & Catrin.  (Your Excellencies
Fritz and Catrin, thank you for the field promotion, it's very nice to know
you think of me that way.)
And to my wonderful and loving husband.... Honey I don't know how you
managed to balance home, and hospital and stay sane.  I know you were
worried by I never saw you shed a tear,  I hope you cried with someone.
Thank you for being there for me.  I love you and I am very glad I married
you.
Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.  As the tears run down my
face,  I think of how many of you thought about me or prayed for me during
my ordeal.  I would hate to think how all this would have been if you hadn't
been there.  I am truly blessed, I have the greatest friends...my family is
very large... again thank all of you.

Arabella "the hairless"