[Elfsea] Chivalry

ladylavina ladylavina at email.com
Wed May 30 07:50:49 PDT 2001

On the subject of Chivarly, I experienced (what I consider) one of the aspects of chivarly at Warlord this past weekend.  This was done by one of  by one of the children in the Barony of Elfsea.

Mylord husband, David, wanted to fight in the rapier tournament.  We needed to leave Sunday afternoon because we both had to work on Sunday.

I agreed to pack everything that I could while David fought in the tourney.  David said he would help me take down our new period tent (which we got Saturday morning) after the tourney.  Me and my hard headedness wanted to do it all myself and surprise my husband.

While I was struggling with that monstrostity of a tent that we purchased, a young man, whom I have never met before, wondered over from the Elfsea encampment and helped me take down and (somehow) managed to pack the entire tent into our Ford Explorer (along with all of our other stuff).

I have no idea who this young man was.  If you know him (I think Rebecca and Wiliam knows him), please e-mail me with his name.  I want to thank him personally later.

To this young man I say, you are fine example of the spirit of the SCA.  If this is an example of the children in the Barony of Elfsea, I say Elfsea has a fine future in its hands!

Lady Lavina