[Elfsea] [Fwd: [Steppes] Dux's Surgery Update]

Vicki Shetler shetler at home.com
Wed May 16 15:59:19 PDT 2001

From: Mike Catron <meggiddo at netzero.net>
To: Steppes <steppes at ansteorra.org>
Subject: [Steppes] Dux's Surgery Update
Sender: steppes-admin at ansteorra.org
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 13:34:13 -0500

Afternoon, All.

First, if you receive this more than once, apologizes. I am attempting
to reach as many as possible.

Vicki called me on her cell phone (817-937-3355) and asked me to pass on
the results of the surgery on Dux's rotator cup this morning.

The surgery went fine according to his doctor. The damage that was found
involved more than just the rotator cup. The cup itself was over 60%
torn through, muscle damage in and around the area, fluid build it which
had result in a lump around his collar bone, torn tissues as well. The
doctor corrected this, plus remove a portion of the collar bone to aid
in recovery.

The damage resulted NOT just from Dux's activities within the SCA, it
must include his time in the Air Force, as well everyday life.

He is resting fine at Harris Methodist Hospital - HEB in room 303. The
Hospital is just off of HWY. 183 in Bedford. Vicki is with him now.

Dux will be released some time tomorrow (Thursday). His arm will be
placed into a special type of sling that will control the amount of
movement he can have.

Vicki will have her cell phone on all day. She is at the hospital with
Dux, he is in and out due to the drugs.

If you wish to call her then her cell phone number is: 817-937-3355.

If you wish to send cards or flowers or something of this nature. I have
been asked to specific that anything of this nature should be in the
form of a Live Plant instead. Also, since Dux will be released tomorrow
that anything be sent to their home in Arlington, Texas. Any type of
deliveries should be made on Friday at the earliest.

Vicki has asked if anyone feels like hanging out (visiting) please come
on over to their house starting on Friday at the earliest. She would
like the company since Dux will be resting (sleeping). Please call
First, to let her know if you are coming and what time.

To those who game - this is from Vicki. Do not expect a game anytime
soon. Dux will need to regain his strength and stamina first. Dux and
Vicki will contact you, until then you might wish to wait by visiting
Dux and Vicki.

If you need their address to send Live Plants, then you contact either
Vicki and/or myself for it. One of us will answer privately back to you.

Michael of the Fray

NetZero Platinum
No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access
Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!