[Elfsea] Parks and such

Christine Huse maria_elfsea at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 14 16:01:11 PST 2001

Hola!

That would have been me. :)

When I was doing research for Passage of Arms last year, I was asked not to
use River Legacy because we are too large and there are a number of little
leagues that compete there. They were very concerned about the safety issue.
Of course this was also when I was looking for a site for Passage of Arms
and not regular fighter practice.

If we wish to have archery (combat or target) in Arlington (according to the
Parks and Receation Department), then we have to go through getting a
special permit for each weekend that we want to do this and we must reserve
the space we need for the archery field. If I remember right this cost the
Barony $25 for the day.

I really liked the park that we used for Passage of Arms. There was a
restroom and a playground not 100 feet from the grassy area we used. There
is a pavillion there with a fireplace and it was a *very* clean. But to use
the fireplace (and have a garanteed use of the pavilion), we have to reserve
the pavilion and I think that costs an extra $75.

I agree with Xene, Phelippe and Arabella...Trinity Park is not a safe place
to be. Phelippe and I took the kids there for a picnic Sunday afternoon (we
had been at the Zoo all day). There were some pretty skanky people hanging
out there and they were giving us some pretty rude looks (you know that "you
don't belong here and you better get the heck out of here" look?)

Maria