[Elfsea] My Conclusions from the Data

housedragonstar housedragonstar at prodigy.net
Wed Nov 14 18:46:30 PST 2001

Okay, I just can't resist...

Thanks for the map.  It does shed light on a number of issues and even if
the accuracy ain't 100%, you did a fine job.

So, no matter where it lands, we are still driving an hour.  We bought drive
time when we decided to live away from the city.  I would like to point out
that we are still technically in the boundaries of Elfsea and if some
enterprising person had noted this off the Domesday about 3 years ago, Loch
Ruadh would not have annexed us.  But they did, and we love them for it.
So, those of you who live in the Steppes and just like us better...well, you
bought that extra drive time like we did.

 It comes down to this for me...if I have to spend the time and the gas to
get there, where I am most likely to be able to combine other "goin' to
town" errands.  (Geez, you know you live in the country when you start
talking about "goin' ta' town.)

So, for shopping, general spending of money at restaurants, etc....Bedford
hits the mark.  Hey, two malls, several shopping centers, plus all of those
restaurants...(as I reach for the motivational diet video), how can we
resist the lure of multi-tasking?  Do you all know how close duck tape and
Hancock's clearance tables are to that site? Not to mention the Half Price
Books over there, and Barnes and Noble?  Since they took the Starbucks out
of Albertsons in Azle....well, we need not go there.

I know that this has nothing whatsoever to do with SCA and fighters, but
Polydore and us, well we are way out here it seems.  Might as well have
other reasons besides practices to justify that expense of time and cash for
gas.

And just to point out...Hulen and all of it's wonders are still about the
same drive time from us...so either way we look at it, we are driving an
hour just to get where we are going.

Medb and Daire