[Elfsea] New Park - needed or not

Jane Sitton jane.sitton at radioshack.com
Thu Nov 15 13:27:07 PST 2001

If you want to include Loch Ruadh, you have geographic territory as far as
Weatherford.  We have even talked about having more activity (a fighter
practice, demo, or arts & science event) out towards that area.  Weatherford
has a lot of potential, recruitment-wise.  Some of you may not remember, but
Loch Ruadh was founded because everything that went on went on in the east,
and we were told in no uncertain terms that no one cared to move west.

Bedford Boys Ranch doesn't seem much further west to me than Randol Mill,
but it does seem a lot further north.

As for what is Trinity Park close to, well, museums (which might mean less
"skanky" people would be in the area picnicking, riding on the bike trails,
etc.), the Hulen area, which now includes a wonderful shopping area on the
corner of I-30 & Hulen, with a World Market gourmet grocery store, and
downtown, which has been thoroughly revitalized in recent years, including a
couple of movie theaters, numerous shops, and lots of restaurants, including
a couple of very upscale eateries.

But I agree with William Palfrey.  Why the arbitrary date?  Can the move
wait until after the noon year?  This time of year is probably the busiest
for most everyone.

Why not spend three months at each of the proposed parks, then decide?

Madelina