[Elfsea] Pressing topic: New Park for Practices

Rob Macchietto roberto_vespucci at elfsea.net
Fri Nov 16 17:57:16 PST 2001

Generally, I stay out of debates like this because my mundane life keeps
me from being able to play as much as I'd like.  But my son is getting
to the age where I'd feel comfortable taking him to a camping event.
For this reason, I hope to start attending practices after the new year
to get into shape.  I'm actually interested in the outcome of this
decision, so I have few things I'd like to add to the debate.

First, I have a question concerning something Lady Eleanor said.  820 is
a loop around the city, there's two 820/30 intersections, which
intersection are we talking about.  I live off of Cooks Lane just east
of the 820/30 intersection on the EAST side of Fort Worth and I consider
it to be a good neighborhood/area.  Cobblestone Park is about 3 blocks
away and it seems like a nice park to me from the numerous times I've
driven by it.  I've never actually been to it, but I'll go this weekend
and post my findings on Sun.

Second, another question.  How many of us currently playing were
actually "introduced" to the SCA by seeing a fighter practice at a
park.  I found out about the SCA from a friend who played.  We keep
talking about fighter practices as something to recruit new members, but
do we actually get new members from it?  Personally, I agree with Sir
Drake (I think it was Sir Drake who said this) "Fighter practice is for
us [the fighters]"

Third, and finally, a request.  If I could get e-mailed to me a copy of
the new domesday, I'll go out get a map of the metroplex and mark on it,
as closely as possible, every address listed in the domesday.  This way
we can actually see where the highest concentration of members are and
see where a good central location to hold practices would be.

Respectfully,
Roberto Vespucci
Shieldman to his Excellency Sir Galen