[Elfsea] Pressing topic: New Park for Practices

Sluggy! slugmusk at linuxlegend.com
Sat Nov 17 04:27:04 PST 2001

Rob Macchietto wrote:

> Second, another question.  How many of us currently playing were
> actually "introduced" to the SCA by seeing a fighter practice at a
> park.  I found out about the SCA from a friend who played.  We keep
> talking about fighter practices as something to recruit new members, but
> do we actually get new members from it?

I think it is probably true that most people hear about the SCA through
a friend or other means, but it is very often a fighter practice that
they first attend.

Some of the discussion seems to assume that a location that is good for
recruiting would not necessarily be good for fighters. A safe location
is needed for either activity.

As to the geography, bias towards the central area of the barony is a
fair way to propose locations, but the quality and environment of the
location should be more important in the final analysis.

Sluggy!

--

"Together they concoct a fiendish plot to overthrow the
United States; a diabolical scheme involving bombings,

Actual plot description for a movie I've never heard of.