[Elfsea] Moot and new fighter practice vote

Marsh, Todd W. ToddMarsh at SierraSystems.com
Tue Nov 20 08:11:16 PST 2001

I will also be out of town on Monday and will miss Moot.  I agree with
Caelin's reasoning and conclusion.  I think that a January through March
trial of Trinity park would be a good idea.  After that, we would all know a
lot more about the park, and be better prepared to make a longer-term
decision.

Llywelyn

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	elfsea-admin at ansteorra.org [mailto:elfsea-admin at ansteorra.org]  On
Behalf Of Richard Threlkeld
Sent:	Tuesday, November 20, 2001 9:19 AM
To:	elfsea at ansteorra.org
Subject:	[Elfsea] Moot and new fighter practice vote

Unfortunately, Pyro and I will miss moot. We will still be in Florida
visiting my Dad. Although you will probably not allow proxy votes, I would
like to voice my opinion that would have been made at Moot. I believe we
should try Trinity Park. We should try it until after Gulf War, then
reevaluate our position. The timing is because we should have somewhere set
in stone while we get ready for Gulf War.

My choice is due to (1) the amenities (restrooms, water, space, etc), (2)
the number of possible sites within the park that would work for us, (3) the
possibility of archery (not confirmed yet), (4) the number of people who use
the park during our time periods, (4) the changing mix of people who use the
park - it is not just the local residents, (5) the location - further West
than the other primary choices, (6) the playgrounds and other facilities for
children, and (7) I have always liked Trinity.

One of the primary criteria during the reevaluation should be the number of
fighters and non-fighters that actually show up. Another should be the
number of people who just come to watch us and their interest level.

If the Bedford site requires a lot of paperwork or interaction with the
Bedford council, then we should continue to go through that in case we need
it after Gulf War.

Unfortunately, this discussion has become divisive of late. A quick decision
may close the discussion before it gets much worse. A few points may help a
bit. As the car dealer's ad says "We are not married to any of them." If we
find fighter practice does not get better or attendance falls, then we can
try another tack. In particular, if the people of Elfsea's western areas do
not attend more then we may wish to move it further East. But an effort to
attend by those in the eastern areas would show good faith.

We should also continue to have other fighter practices in the eastern
reaches of Elfsea so those who truly cannot make a Trinity practice still
have another venue in Elfsea. Baron Galen's practice at his home meets that
criteria currently. If he cannot hold practice for some period of time, I
would offer my home in its place (though his practice is good in a large
part because of his presence).

Finally, please assume that all of us are honorable and have the best
interests of the Barony at heart when we post. Nobody is intentionally
trying to make your life less good in Elfsea. No faction is trying to wrest
control of the Barony. Drake's comments struck a nerve with the majority of
the Barony and drove them to action. Unmet needs of those to the West of
Arlington and the archery community then surfaced. In fairness to those who
have lived with longer drives and exclusion some of us have been willing to
make our drives a bit longer.

In Service,
Caelin on Andrede