[Elfsea] service to the dream video

Matthew G. Saroff msaroff at pobox.com
Fri Nov 9 06:05:59 PST 2001

> Okay, so if you buy a video, you can make a copy to take up to work.
>
> Xene
>
> Remember that in this context, we are neither students nor educators, so
> arguing for "Fair Use" doesn't work.  For a short description of Fair
	Fair use applies to us all, students and educators don't
have any special rights, though they are frequently accorded special
licenses by the copyright holder.
	Under fair use, you can:
* Copy your CD onto a tape and play it in your car (The media
companies want to ban this).
* Tape a show off the TV and time shift it (The media
companies want to ban this).
* Tape a show off the TV and fast forward past the ads (The media
companies want to ban this).
* Make backups of data/programs in case of emergency (The media
companies are about halfway through the process of banning this).

--
--Sfi Mordehai ben Yosef Yitzhak, Aka Matthew G. Saroff

This is not the Dream.  This is what I do on weekends to have some fun.

The Dream involves 4 sets of identical twins, 2 gallons of Cool
Whip, 5 quarts of chocolate syrup, 2-1/4 pounds of strawberries,
satin sheets, a magnum of champagne, a trapeze, and a python.
Check http://www.pobox.com/~msaroff, including The Bad Hair Web Page
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes