[Elfsea] Pressing topic: New Park for Practices

housedragonstar housedragonstar at prodigy.net
Tue Nov 13 12:24:32 PST 2001

Choice of park...

Loop 820, north.  First choice.

Trinity Park. Second choice.

Anywhere east of 35 is not going to be central to the "Barony."  Anywhere
too far north of the Loop, say 10 miles, is not central either.

When we refer to "central" we mean central to the zips of Elfsea and Loch
Ruadh.  DFT is clearly and cleanly separate from the area known as DFW.  We
are not incluuding to the areas in the Steppes where Elfseans live.

Also, we do not believe that it is realistic to ask the whole of Elfsea to
attend a practice in Weatherford or Springtown, so we don't think that it is
realistic to ask those of us up  and over here to attend practice on the
other side of the barony either.  There are some nice places to play in
Arlington, but it is but a corner of a wide and diverse barony.

Lastly, we have great potential for growth in the northern sectors.  The
population density is incredible and the demographic is good for us as a
whole.  We stand much to gain from being in that area.

Bedford Boys Ranch, that park in Keller with a castle, or the place where
Drake does his thing during the week are all excellent choices.

Medb and Daire,
who will still be driving an hour no matter where it lands, as long as it
doesn't go further south and east.