[Elfsea] Pressing topic: New Park for Practices

Jane Sitton jane.sitton at radioshack.com
Wed Nov 14 13:24:31 PST 2001

Let me amend my statement:  Nice cooling off place after FP for those
without children.  I, too, dislike smoke, even if the kids aren't with me.
(I would naturally send them home with their father if I was to patronize a
pub.)  Especially when I was nursing, smoke bothered me.  Smoke is one
reason I don't take the kids with me when I go to bardic at a friend's home.

Did I mention Trinity Park is also close to a nice Braum's that has a
playground?

A note about Trinity Park: the area is buffered by businesses on three
sides, and the river on the fourth.  The nearest neighborhoods are what,
Lindenwood (working class area that was badly damaged in the tornado last
year), the area off Montgomery just past the museums (Arlington Heights or
is it called Crestwood or some such?), the area north of the hospital (not
sure of its name), and the area to the south (Mistletoe Heights?).

Having grown up on the north side of Fort Worth, which is a much rougher
part of town than any of those neighborhoods, I would have no qualms about
Trinity Park.  But then I'd usually have Logan with me, and he's a former
paratrooper....

Madelina