[Elfsea] No for Trinity Park

HRAFNASDOT at aol.com HRAFNASDOT at aol.com
Wed Nov 14 16:56:06 PST 2001

In a message dated 11/14/2001 11:50:21 AM Central Standard Time,
descors at hotmail.com writes:

> Arabella, the last time I posted on this subject I stated that I got some
> "bad vibes" about that park and Eleanor said that the Ft. Worth police make
> routine patrols in the park but when our group was there for the botanical
> gardens did you see any police?  I didn't see any until we were moving out
> of the park (and that was after we were there for about 2 hours?).  I agree
> with you that it needs to be a kid safe environment from the word go.
>
>      Phelippe

I loved the Keller location, but it was a definite drive, as long or longer
than getting to Randol Mill for me.  And it is out of the way from everything
but people who live there.

Bedford Boys Ranch is also a drive but very pretty and usable.

Was Vandergriff Park off Matlock under consideration?  It used to be quite
nice - but I've not been there in some time.  A drum circle was often held
under the pavillion on weekends.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but one must realize how many different
parts of Trinity Park there are and what area is under consderation when
talking about this large area:

1) Off 7th Street and the old Montgomery Wards, Shakespeare in the park area.
 High visability, high traffic, parking, lights - I don't know about
bathrooms but ususally yes.  Adjacent to the duck pond.  Smaller area but
very open.

2)Central Trinity Park - Playground, one way street, trees, pavillion, very
woodsy.  This is the area people are uneasy about.  Across from botanical
gardens.

3)East Zoo area - bathrooms, parking, lots of traffic from Zoo, shade but
mostly open. In the Forest Park/TCU area.  Soccer fields.

4)West Zoo area - Parking, but not as much.  Lots of trees.  Adjacent to the
Country Club area and the Log cabin village.  Very open area under trees and
hardly anyone every uses this area.

Each area has a decidedly different "flavor" and as such, different clientele
and different types of people are attracted to them.

Asa
Sermo datur cunctis, animi sapientia paucis.
Speech is given to many, intelligence to few.