[Elfsea] Parks and such

Darius and Monica dmriney at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 14 17:46:18 PST 2001

Ya know no matter where it moves I will be going further to get to one of
our practices, but then I live about 4-5 blocks from Randol Mill. All the
same I am in favor of moving practice. Mainly due to the issue of usable
restrooms.

I like River Legacy. It is a beautiful park with allot going for it. One
thing though, if we are going to move into a park with the very high
foot/bicycle/skate traffic River Legacy has We would definitely have to
consider how well equipped we are to handle an audience.  With the level of
traffic in the park it could quickly become a weekly demo. Our Hospitilar
would definitely need all the help they could get.

River Legacy is well patrolled by police, and has secluded area's as well as
lots of open ground we could fight in. (there is even a small amphitheater
on the bike trails great for bardic classes and practice) There is also
enough room to line up and teach/practice Melee Line maneuvers.

Of the parks mentioned I would not personally go to Trinity if I could avoid
it. I don't like Trinity, I will go to the Botanical gardens camera in hand
but I would watch camera and my wallet in Trinity park.

An occasional Practice at Veterans Park by UTA would likely be beneficial to
the college of Three bridges but I think we would out grow it very quickly.

Well there's my  Two Pence

At Home In Elfsea
Master Darius of the Bells, OL