[Elfsea] Parks and more (long)

Timothy Rayburn timothy at elfsea.net
Thu Nov 15 12:55:51 PST 2001

William,

While I understand your concern, I do not see what extra time will yield us.  The fact of the matter is that on any decision of this magnitude there will be those who will be displeased with the result of it.  That will not change in days, months or years.  In the end, a decision is what is needed, and I truly believe at this point that there is nothing to be gained by extending it further.

Those who were at October Moot heard the list of parks that were being considered, and that list has not changed much since then.  There has been a month to consider these, or visit them.  If we extended it another month, through the holidays, do you honestly believe that many more would take the time to visit the parks?  I believe that those who are interested and passionate on the matter HAVE taken the effort, and those that are not will not, no matter how long they are given to do so.

Extending the time until the decision extends the arguement, as opposed to the discussion, of the matter.  Let the remaininng days be used to discuss the matter, but then let us put it to rest with a decision.  While I am not in favor of changing it many times, should it seem obvious to the Barony later that we have made the wrong decision, another change can be made.

Timothy
Of Elfsea,
where life is good,
arguements are short,