[Elfsea] New Park - needed

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 14 12:58:23 PST 2001

>Xene here:
>
>Thirdly, if we really do need to move fighter practice, the best way >would
>be to have try-out practices at the different parks - one park a >month for
>the top three or four picks.

That would be nice, except that the barony agreed to make it's decision at
November Moot.  I had rather strong reservations regarding making such a
quick decision, but others did not.

>And lastly, if we do choose to move to another park on the basis of
> >wanting archery, then I want to have the permission to commit archery >in
>a public park IN WRITING from the proper government official - and >it
>needs to be kept in the Seneschal's and Marshallate files.  Hearing >it
>from another SCA'er is just wishful thinking.

I understand that Fort Worth parks are not as "against" archery as Arlington
parks, but I agree with Xene here.  We ought to have something in WRITING.

>Fighter practices don't usually bring them in.

I don't necessarily agree.  There are times when Fighter Practice is a good
"recruiting" tool.  It provides a relaxed atmosphere to bring new people in.
  Even if they were not recruited at Fighter Practice, having a good fighter
practice helps keep those who are brought in.

>I am in agreement with Arabella, in that I don't like the idea of >Trinity
>Park, because of our trip to the Zoo last year.  I did not >feel safe
>there. Even with big sticks, I don't think it's a safe place >for our
>children.

I agree with Xene (and Arabella) regarding Trinity.  I don't think anywhere
after dark is really a safe place, but there are definitely some areas that
are worse than others.

My choices are River Legacy Park & Bedford Boys Ranch (in that order).  But
I'll go to either.

Ciao,
Alessandra
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary