[Elfsea] [Ansteorra-announce] Last Weekend of Renaissance Festival

Gerald of Leesville trf_liaison at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 14 17:02:35 PST 2001

Greetings unto all from HL Gerald of Leesvile.

For six weeks now the SCA has held a demo at the Texas Renaissance Festival.  Stargate, Bordermarch, Gate's Edge, Loch Sollier, and Westgate have done wonderful jobs in their turns as weekend sponsors.  During Loch Sollier's weekend The Company of the Grail performed a Pas d' Armes which was wonderful to watch for those of us who are already in the SCA as well as the many patrons who were drawn inside.

The fighting on the mound has been fierce even though our usual count of fighters on a given weekend are between four and six for both chivalric and rapier.  There have been, so far, three major injuries that I know of; a broken nose, a broken finger, and a broken arm, but it has been at least three years since we've had record of such injuries on the field at this demo.

This being our last weekend, I would like to invite all fighters who are not planning on going to Autumn melees to attend the demo.  There are three fighting sessions on the mound per day as well as any pick-up fights you may wish to have inside the compound.  Ld Beoan Mac Tarbh has received some authentic roman coins that will go as prizes to any chivalric fighter that attends the fighting for both days.

I would also like to encourage our artisans and bards to participate in this demo.  I can't tell you of the number of times that people are astounded that we have artisans inside the compound creating bobbin-lace, weaving, or creating the various and sundry works.  Our bards entertain as well as have a chance to explain some of their craft as well.

This will also serve as a reminder that, while this is the last weekend, we have to insure that we maintain a high level of energy at the compound.  I hope that we can have a high level of turnout this last weekend.

We have received word that there are some areas that are not receiving the information from the sign-up sheets for TRF patrons.  If you are not already receiving this information and would like to receive it (please try to limit this to hospitalers/seneschals of groups), please e-mail our information booth coordinator (Lady Caitlin bean Ghearailt - kati at houston.rr.com) and she will be happy to e-mail you the PDF formatted files for the past weekends as well as the 7th.

I thank you for your time and patience.

In service to the dream with a song in my heart, I am
HL Gerald of Leesville
a bard of Stargate
Kingdom, Ansteorra
281.773.7922