[Elfsea] My Conclusions from the Data

Timothy Rayburn timothy at elfsea.net
Wed Nov 14 18:01:03 PST 2001

This concerns the data mentioned in a previous message located at www.elfsea.net/fp :

My personal feelings regarding the data that I collected is that Trinity Park has many many close people to it, 51 in fact who are closer to it than any other park, but this is because it is the closest park to Loch Ruadh (LR).

On the other hand, those who were quick to dismiss the Bedford Boys Ranch should note that 41 people are closer to it than any other park.  Furthermore the Arlington parks combined (Stoval, Randol Mill, and Vetrans) combine to 54 people being closest to those.

My belief is that Trinity would be a very good place for fighter practice if two things were true :
  1) Loch Ruadh inteded to have alot of their people commonly attending the Sunday practice.
  2) It was felt to be safe and secure, at all hours.

Bedford Boys Ranch on the other hand has no concerns about safety, and places fighter practice near a population center that already frequents our practices quite regularly. Bedford Boys Ranch is also closer to much of the Arlington residents than Trinity would be.

All of this said, I realize that distance should not be all that matters, but I would encourage those who support each of the locations (Bedford Boys Ranch and Trinity) to start talking about more than distance and recruitment information, and speak directly to why it would be a good place for Fighter Practice.  The fact of the matter is any of the parks would be a good choice if all things are equal.  So my question to those who are forwarding a particular park is :

What makes your park the best amoungst equals (in distance)?

Timothy