[Elfsea] Archery Practice

Ken Cooke ken.cooke at verizon.net
Fri Nov 16 12:05:32 PST 2001

Gentles,

I was just reviewing the results of the survey and I find myself to be very
much dismayed.  The general and overall lack of interest in archery as part
of our practice concerns me greatly.  Archery has become an important part
of our group.  I wonder how many of you would feel if the discussion went in
different lines like; there can be no rapier practice because they use real
steel, or perhaps there can be no heavy fighting because they don't have
tight enough face shielding?  I'll bet that the decisions would be a bit
different.

I would like to ask all of you to consider the fact that to have practice
without archery is asking a lot of us to make a choice that none of us
should have to make.  Ask yourselves how you would feel if the rest of the
group did not support your particular interest and that you had to find
alternate places and times to play, without the interaction of the rest of
the group.  What if these places and times conflicted with the other
practices and you were forced to choose one or the other and could not do
both?  How would you deal with the situation of having more than one
interest and not being able to participate because of the times, distances
and locations?

I feel that it should be of the utmost importance that we do our very best
to find a place where we can ALL get together and share in the dream as
brothers (and sisters, family!).

Karrick