[Elfsea] Parks - Brainstorming

Kate Rayburn anezka at elfsea.net
Fri Nov 16 14:11:32 PST 2001

Does anyone know if any other park systems in the HEB and NRH areas
would allow archery in their parks?  How about a private group that
might have land they would allow us to use?  The group I started in had
fighter practices (heavy, light, and archery) on the side yard of a
church and we were able to have a room or two indoors as well (depending
on what was going on at the church) for A&S type things.  Granted Sunday
afternoon wouldn't work great for a church (most likely), but what about
a synagogue or mosque or business campus or...you get the picture.

I'm seeing lots of people complaining about fighter practice placement,
and lots of people complaining about the complainers, but no matter
which side of the fences you find yourself on, we each need to look at
what would best benefit the entire group, not just our individual parts.
There has been a map posted which shows where our greatest population
densities are.  Seeing the map helped me to understand some of the
different sides in the debate.

Let's all try to look at this process of finding a new location from
everyone's perspective.  And let's brainstorm new ideas for locations.
You may be the biggest promoter of Fred Kane Park (it doesn't fit our
needs) but get out there and see if you can find something else and
present it to the list with details about the site's pros and cons.  By
examining what else is out there, maybe we can all explain in objective
terms why we prefer one park over another.  Plus, you may meet someone
who knows of a new event site we could use in the future, or someone who
would love to play within our Society.  You never know what might happen
until you ask.

Throwing out more thoughts than I really should be allowed,
Anezka