[Elfsea] moving fighter practice

Paul or Galen baron at elfsea.net
Tue Nov 27 09:18:47 PST 2001

Actually, moot went very well, and I was very pleased with the level of
discourse displayed.

Special thanks to Lady Eleanor for bringing crime stats on the Arlington
parks, and HL Raimond for the task of running the debate.

The consensus was to postpone the decision.  It's important to most of
us (and to some it's the key question) to know whether target and/or
combat archery can be done at these parks, and we'd like some more crime
stats on the non-Arlington parks, which are coming, but were not
available last night.

Lord Timothy will learn about the possibilty of archery in the Arlington
Parks, Lord Ceatta will find out about archery in Fort Worth parks, and
Lady Honour will check into archery at mid-cities parks like Bedford
Boys Ranch and the Star Park that Lady Rixende brought up.

There was a consensus at the meeting to not consider River Legacy Park
in Arlington, but Trinity Park, Bedford Boys Ranch, Veterans Parks and
Stovall Park are all still on the list.  Additional parks may still be
introduced, but I don't expect a lot of real enthusiasm for the idea of
moving our fighter practice to Kabul, which is being discussed this
morning on the Loch Ruadh list.  (Hey guys, that's even east of
Arlington!)

We'll be revisiting this issue at January Moot, and I hope we'll reach a
conclusion then.  Meanwhile, I strongly urge everyone to visit these
parks, and other potential sites.

Thanks, and we'll see you all at the party Moot next Monday!

- Galen

"God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but
shouts in our pains: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world."
       - C.S. Lewis
Check out my latest column at <www.viewfromdownhere.com>!
All my websites have moved to <users2.ev1.net/~pmitchel>!