[Elfsea] Fwd: [Consortium] I SAW LOTR!! I SAW LOTR!!!!

Jhan Knebel rixende at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 14:19:31 PST 2001

Thought the Barony might be interested in an advance
review of Lord of the Rings. This is from a house
brother of mine whose wife works for United Artists.

Rixende

--- "Thomas E. Jackson Jr." <ldangussca at home.com>
wrote:
> To: "Outlands" <Outlands at yahoogroups.com>,
> 	"Consortium" <Consortium2 at yahoogroups.com>
> From: "Thomas E. Jackson Jr." <ldangussca at home.com>
> Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 14:20:01 -0700
> Subject: [Consortium] I SAW LOTR!! I SAW LOTR!!!!
>
> Lord of the Rings.... GOD WHERE DO I BEGIN!!!! was
> like having 4 heart attacks, 15 aneurisms, and a
> hang nail while pulling out nose hairs!!!! I LOVED
> IT!!! this is the first time I really hope not to
> die, go blind or deaf before I see the other two
> movies.... the only complaint was that there was no
> intermission... 3 HOURS!!! I was talking to Paul
> from new line (who has the unfortunate job of taking
> this movie across the US and showing it a zillion
> times) and he told me that there is about 55 minutes
> that was cut from the movie. The only two scenes
> that I noticeably missed were the bog wrights (in
> the beginning) and the gifts that were given to the
> fellowship by Galadriel (sp?)( at the end but was in
> the trailer)
> My wife says to tell you that if you have not
> read/heard the books... your gonna miss/get confused
> in some parts. For me anyway it was pretty close to
> the books.
> Everyone who stars in the movie plays their
> characters very well. A little disconcerting though
> with Gimli (john rhys-davies), he is a big guy, but
> plays a very little one in the movie. Biggest
> surprise for me... hmmmm would be the opening battle
> scenes.... OH MY GOD!!!! oh and the sound
> effects/visual effects are stunning!!! couldn't
> breathe during some of them!!!
> GO SEE IT!!!
>
> Angus -trying to calm down
> BTW -Black Knight is the comedy that a Knights Tale
> tried to be... I liked it even though I am not a fan
> of Martin Lawrence. First time I lusted after a
> piece of armor in a movie I will tell you...

> SSgt Thomas E Jackson Jr
> 302 MXS Comm/Nav
> Peterson AFB, Colorado
> -and-
> Full time College student with no $$$

=====
Lady Rixende de Rouen
Privy Secretary to TRM Duncan and Larissa, Ansteorra
Apprentice to Mistress Signy Dimmridaela
http://www.timelessbeads.com       rixende at timelessbeads.com