[Elfsea] Food Timeline

M. E. Krippel laisse at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 11:10:08 PST 2001

This may be a site everyone already knows about, but I came across it today and thought I would share.

http://www.gti.net/mocolib1/kid/food.html

To quote the site's own description: "Ever wonder what the Vikings ate when they set off to explore the new world? How Thomas Jefferson made his ice cream? What the pioneers cooked along the Oregon Trail? Who invented the potato chip...and why? Food is the fun part of social studies! The tricky part is finding recipes you can make in a modern kitchen, with ingredients bought at your local supermarket ..."

Enjoy!

Merean

"Reality is a figment of my imagination"
"Omnia mutantur:  All things change"