[Elfsea] Pressing topic: New Park for Practices

Rhonda New rbnew at ftw.nrcs.usda.gov
Tue Nov 13 15:31:46 PST 2001

Timothy Rayburn wrote:

<~snipped~>

> I would also again like to voice the opinion that while Fort Worth has been
> doing a great deal to improve Trinity Park, it has not had an effect on the
> neighborhood yet, and I would not feel comfortable being in said neighborhood
> after dark.

Scared of that area?  Why?  Isn't your stick bigger'n theirs?

> >Let's keep with the centrality idea and look for a
> >park in Fort Worth.
> I agree with centrally located, but let's centralize on the Barony's
>  population, not it's zip codes.

Well, population is relative. Has it always been populace heavy in the
mid-cities area? Is there opposition to the possibility to obtaining new
members from Fort Worth proper?  Of course, if you're concerned about
the caliber of people that we might attract, perhaps the Arts District is a
bit too snooty?  Well, in that case .... (My comments were meant to be
"light" and amusing - please don't take them as anything else.)

I'm only one person so I may not count for much and I've just been
"listening" quietly to this thread; but I would perhaps attend more
fighter practices if they were being held closer to (my) home (more
so after I finish school in January).  But, I'll try to do whatever I
can no matter where it's held (except in Alaska).

/Ly Elizabeth Hawkwood