[Elfsea] Pressing topic: New Park for Practices

Mordock von Rugen mordockvonrugen at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 15 08:02:00 PST 2001

Very good points.

I think, that if we concentrate on making sure that the park is comfortable
and pleasant for all who go to fighter practice, and we make sure that the
location serves the needs of the fighters first, that we will be more likely
to have active, well-attended fighter practices.

Without that, consideration of fighter practice as a recruitment opportunity
is kind of moot.  If we make our game into work, it'll just *be* work, and
folks won't want to play, attendance will drop....  And recruiting is very
hard to do, when potential recruits don't see folks having fun.

So: for non-fighters, practice is a great social opportunity and recruitment
event.  For fighters, we need to continue to support practice as both a
social opportunity and a fighting/training opportunity.

Of course, this doesn't really contradict your points, but rather elaborates
them, I think.

Dux

Mordock von Rügen
Commander, Ansteorra Central Region