[Elfsea] Fighter Practice Location

Spence Mabry Spence.Mabry at radioshack.com
Wed Nov 14 09:58:09 PST 2001

After having read and digested most of the missives about the re-location of
fighter practice, it appears that we have 2 possibilities:

1)  a location that appeals to those people who live in the very eastern
area (i.e., zip coeds) of Elfsea (east of I-35W);

and

2) a location that is to the north of our current site and which thus adds
another 15 - 30 minutes drive to those who do not live in the
Arlington/Elfsea enclave.

Based on this, the real question facing us would seem to be:  "Do we want a
location that is  (1) central to the populace of the Barony or (2)
convenient to fighters?"

If we answer "Yes" to the former (1), we might get more people out (and thus
possibly increase recruiting) since we would be showcasing Arts and Sciences
as well as our fighting (both heavy and light).

If we answer "Yes" to the latter (2), we would get fighters out, but the
group of other attendees would be limited because of the distance to be
traveled.

In other words, what we need to think about is where our priorities lie --
increasing the possibility of recruiting people into the Barony or making it
easier for most of our fighters to attend a practice.

What I would also like to see is a map of the DFW area (in detail) so we all
could mark where we live  (go by Central Market at Hulen and I-30 to see
what I mean).  There is nothing better than a visual representation of what
we've been talking about to see what the dispersion of the Barony's populace
is really like.  We can even use different colors to represent the Barony,
Loch Ruadh, the College, and others, as well as also mark where the fighters
live.  And we can, like Master Richard said, mark the discussed parks.  This
should give us a very good idea of which park would be centrally located to
the majority of the populace of the Barony.

Always in service
both the SCA and the Barony of Elfsea
Ceatta