[Elfsea] courtesy in debate

HRAFNASDOT at aol.com HRAFNASDOT at aol.com
Mon Nov 26 13:00:22 PST 2001

In a message dated 11/26/2001 8:39:59 AM Central Standard Time,
timothy at elfsea.net writes:

> Unto Lady Innes and all others who had deemed it necessary to make
> statements like this.

Cordially, respectfully and in good faith - Dear Timothy, many people have
said this to parks in Ft. Worth, with greater condemnation and more loudly
than Lady Innez's reply -

And your reply about the Loch Ruadh Fighter being the "western" practice
could have sounded very sarcastictic and demeaning.  And though it was said
to me, it could have been considered very cutting.  But I took it in good
faith that it was meant as a discussion.

Everyone feels deeply about this - it is very hard not to feel picked on or
try to defend your favorite.  Adult debate is how one win's others to their
side or is convinced that the other person's view is better.  Both have equal
merit and rights to discussion.
Courtesy is extremely important.  No one has regressed to name calling or any
other childish response.  All aspects are being thougoughly looked into
(especially thanks to Mistress Xene and others who have physically gone out
to these parks).

It is again, very special that the "populace of Elfsea" is allowed their
"voice".  And since we are in the "Current" Middle Ages, the individual is as
important to us as the group, that everyone is created equal.  The democracy
of the vote will decide, the populace will have its say.  I believe this is
what you meant when you said "the individual is unimportant"?

It is unfortunate that the officers are those who will have to deal with the
unhappiness of not pleasing everybody - but that is why we put our trust in
them.  And why we should support them.  Otherwise it would be anarchy.

Lady Asa