[Elfsea] Re: Iron Star Brigade second in command announcement

Mordock von Rugen mordockvonrugen at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 11 09:25:49 PDT 2001

As combat archery is not a proscribed activity (like pistol shooting or
static archery), and is not a political rally, we don't need to get
permission - any more than we need to get permission to play baseball there
(a much more dangerous activity).  So no, I have not asked for permission.

I assert once more: asking petty bureaucrats for permission guarantees a
refusal.  After all, if it's so dangerous that you have to ask, it is much
too dangerous to allow.  In general, bureaucrats would rather just not hear
anything.  No complaint=no need for action.  And if somebody complains, we
can then do the whole shuffle dance to demonstrate how harmless it is, and
get permission - thereby arming them with the information they need to rebut
the next complaint.

Dux
Son of an Army officer (read: bureaucrat) and a one-time Air Force officer
(read: bureaucrat), sometime autocrat (read: fish swimming in bureaucratic
water)

Mordock von Rügen
Commander, Ansteorra Central Region
Commander, Iron Star Brigade