[Elfsea] Moot Tonight -- Fighter Practice Discussion

Jhan Knebel rixende at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 25 09:39:06 PDT 2001

In regards to the demographic issue I have a slightly
different opinion. Historically, the demographic in
question is not as interested in the SCA. Believe me,
I  will work three times as hard to recruit someone
who shows an interest that is African American, Asian,
Hispanic, etc. However, there has to be that initial
expression of interest.

At the park where His Majesty holds Wednesday night
fighter practices in Carrolton, there are a lot of
spectators, mostly Hispanic. Although they think it is
interesting to watch, we have yet to get a new member
from the spectators.

I do agree that Trinity Park in Fort Worth is a
beautiful park with lots of ammenities. However, I
personally would not be in that area after dark with
my son.

I believe Willim brought up the idea of the Bedford
Boy's Ranch.

I pulled up the info on the park:
Bedford Parks and Community Services -
Bedford Boys Ranch
2801 Forest Ridge Drive
at Harwood Road
Bedford, TX 76021
817-952-2323

Amenities

Boys Ranch Activity Center (BRAC)
11,990 square feet Gym  ($30 per hour rental on a
Sunday)
Weight room
Game room
Quiet/study room
Men's and women's locker rooms
Three classroom/meeting rooms (1 room $20 per hr/ 2
rooms $30 per hr/ 3 rooms $40 per hr)
Swimming pool

Park
68 acres
Small lake
Walking/jogging path ( 0.4 miles)
Two youth baseball fields
Three youth soccer fields
Two sand volleyball courts
Six lighted tennis courts
Three pavilions
Roller hockey court (lighted)
Playground accessible for physically challenged
Picnic tables
Shuffleboard court
Multi-purpose practice fields

Hmmm....I am biased of course, I live in Bedford, and
for $12 a year my hubby could have access to the
locker rooms to shower after fighter practice, BEFORE
he came home.. :-)

Rixende

=====
Lady Rixende de Rouen
Privy Secretary to TRM Duncan and Larissa, Ansteorra
Apprentice to Mistress Signy Dimmridaela
http://www.timelessbeads.com       rixende at timelessbeads.com