[Elfsea] I Have A Dream . . . . . Land

Tessa Nieto eleanor_cleavely at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 1 18:22:11 PDT 2001

Wow...

I think this is an interesting idea that could have
great merit. We would need to tread very carefully on
the legal and financial issues but I think it may be
doable. The only problem we would have (that I can
see) is the price of the land when selling it to
members of the barony. But, being a
non-math/non-business person, I'd leave that up to
those with suitable minds.

My Lord Gustav, your email is inspiring in itself. I
am glad there are those in the Barony like you and I
am honored to count you as a true friend. I remain...

Yours,
Eleanor, Lady Cleavely
--- Synrik <synrik at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Sorry for having been off-line for the last couple
> of days, but pampering
> a household that has sinus infections takes a little
> time.
>
> I Have A Dream . . . . . Land
>
> I would first like to start this off by saying that
> I have no problems
> with Tanglewood itself.  In fact, I find it as
> inspiring as the site used
> by Raven’s Fort.  I truly enjoyed the sight and
> being able to gaze up at
> the stars and walk with my lady in peace, love and
> just a little
> tranquillity.  Having to walk a little way for
> water, or to remember to
> fill the solar showers for that evening didn’t even
> slow me down.  But it
> did remind me of my own childhood and some of the
> things that I would like
> out of like.
>
> I found it inspiring.
>
> Inspiring enough to take some of the plans that one
> of my friends in
> Namron has and look at them again from the light of
> the Barony or the
> Kingdom at large.  It can be done.  I’m not saying
> that it would be easy
> or quick.  But that with hard work and planning,
> many peoples dreams can
> come alive in this current middle ages.
>
> But then again, I may be beating a dead horse
> (again).
>
> But, for those that do want to hear what I’ve come
> up with, they can read
> on.
>
> Please also remember that even though I may dream
> big, this also applies
> to the Baronial level as well.
>
> First off, for a Kingdom level War field, you need
> about 100+ acres to
> work with.  If you find land around  Mexia or just
> east of Waco, then you
> may have the regular support of four large Baronies.
>  But the land in
> Texas is expensive.  If you find that kind of land
> around Ardmore (OK),
> then you have the support for three large baronies.
> The land is cheaper
> and only about an hour and a half from each barony.
>
> At the same time, you find out from the Barons and
> the populace of each of
> the Baronies how much support there is for such a
> venture.  Also, you find
> out from the populace what they exactly want in
> there own war field.  Once
> the preliminary scouting has been done, then the
> legal and finical work
> can begin.
>
> One way to get backing for such a venture is to form
> a Ansteorrian co-op
> and selling off lots around the edge of the land to
> people to use as
> weekend get-away's and the like.  The pricing of the
> lots could be twice
> the price of what the land is valued at and sell it
> off in half acre
> lots.  Land grants could also be sold off in quarter
> acre lots.  Of
> [...]

=====
- - - Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary