[Elfsea] Moot Tonight -- Fighter Practice Discussion

Morgan Buchanan morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 25 13:27:28 PDT 2001

Might I suggest a compromise.  :)  The reality is this:  Fighter practice is
FIRST for the fighters.  It must be.  We (the SCA in general) must serve our
current members excellently before we can concern ourselves with
recruitment.  Without that ideal in mind, our turnover rate will be
unforgiveable.  A well attended fighter practice in a lower traffic area
will likely recruit more people than will a poorly attended fighter practice
in an EXCELLENT traffic area.  25 people in armour and garb seen by 10
people look like a group and will be approached by someone who's interested.
  2 people in armour seen by 1000 people look like nut-balls hitting each
other with sticks and won't be approached by anyone!  hehehe...  That being
said, I think if you have 2 sites that are reasonabley close, you should
consider being willing to walk a bit farther for water or a bathroom if you
have higher traffic, for example.

Yours in service,
Morgan