[Elfsea] possible camping site

Sluggy! slugmusk at linuxlegend.com
Tue Oct 2 23:27:40 PDT 2001

Jane Sitton wrote:

> Has anyone ever camped at Lake Mineral Wells?  I think there may be a State
> Park there as well... it's out near where the old Fort Walters used to be, I
> believe.

It is a great place for "mudane" camping. We've spent a weekend out
there before. Nice hiking trails that are not too intense, but are very
nice. Lots of the campsites are on the water, too.

As for an SCA event, it has the same major limitations of any state
park, mostly that they can't really give us a price break for groups and
that they are dry.

Sluggy!

--

  ... because I'm a huge Beach Boys fan. I'll
  never forget the first time I saw them in

                               Dave Barry