[Elfsea] The Vatican Exhibit

Glen Wilkerson gdwilkerson at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 7 14:00:58 PDT 2001

Also keep an eye on EWTN on your cable listings - there is a special running
periodically this month called "Soldiers Of The Pope," and as I understand
it, relates the 500 year history of the Vatican Swiss Guard.

I have not caught it all yet, only about the last few minutes, but what I
saw was impressive.  It showed the installment and swearing in of the
current Guard - in uniform, in period armor, with period weapons, and with
the colorful pomp and ceremony that has been tradition for five centuries.

Don Alaric