[Elfsea] A Very Sad Note

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 5 07:29:05 PDT 2001

Greetings Elfsea,

We are sorry to hear of the passing of one of our "older" members.  When she
was the Minister of Arts & Sciences, I had the priviledge of working with
her on Baronial College.  She was a kind and gracious lady, and very
talented.  Her gifts will be missed.

I knew that her health problems led her away from the SCA, but always hoped
for her return, as soon as it improved.  I'm sorry to realize that we will
not get to see her again in this world, to enjoy her smile, laughter, and
good will.

For those of us who knew her, I hope that we can keep her memory in our
hearts.  For those who didn't know her, talk to us who did.  She was a
person worth getting to know.

Ceatta, I hope you will post the funeral arrangements when you get them.
Several of our members have requested this, and I know that I would like to
let her husband know that we are thinking of him during this time and
possibly attend the funeral service to say a fond farewell to a wonderful
member.

Sincerely,
Alessandra

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary