[Elfsea] Upcoming Demos

Spence Mabry Spence.Mabry at radioshack.com
Fri Sep 28 06:30:48 PDT 2001

Greetings to the Barony of Elfsea from Lord Ceatta o'Gulcleth, Demo
Coordinator --

We have the opportunity to do several demos both this month (October) and
next (November).  If you are interested in any one of them, please let me
know as soon as possible.  A brief description of each is below:

October 13-14 -- Celtic Heritage Festival
Location: Bedford Boys Ranch in Bedford Texas.
The festival will be held on October 13 and 14, 2001 at Bedford Boys Ranch
in Bedford Texas. Admission for the demo is that word near and dear to the
hearts of Celts everywhere FREE with only three (3) requirements.
1. You come in costume. (Celtic theme if convenient).
2. Your name is on the list at the volunteer sign in booth.
3. You are prepared to have fun.
The coordinators of the festival are please, excited and eager to have the
Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. present to add flavor and ambiance to
their endeavor. They have a beautiful sign already made up for the area
designated for the SCA, and have a very large list field area for us if we
want to have a fighting demonstration.

October 28 -- Keller Library Demo
Location: Keller Library
640 Johnson Road, Keller, TX.
This will be held from 2-5 p.m. at the Keller Library (directions below).
This demo is for us to educate students (appears to be 4th graders and high
school age from about 7 schools) and others on the "everyday., personal
lives of ordinary people".  If possible, fighter practice will also be held
at the same time and location.

Directions: Take best route to North Loop 820.  Exit Rufe Snow (go North).;
When Rufe Snow dead ends into a cow pasture, turn left.  Go past the High
School.  Library is next to the park with the castle.

November 23-25 -- UnCommonCon

This is what we have for us right now.  A 30x30 block in the exhibit hall .
6 *named* badges for the main booth handlers and demo-ers. Additional badges
for the group could be
sold at a full $20 off the weekend price.  We can set this up for both
static and dynamic Arts & Sciences, and I am checking on the feasibility of
doing a small (15x30 area) fighting demo, if we can get enough people there
to participate.  We will need a commitment from the populace NO later than
October 11, the date of the business meeting.

Ceatta