[Elfsea] Water-truck/trailer . . . How about Land?

Brandy brandyrose5 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 26 19:22:33 PDT 2001

Like I said... I was young... I remember the drive (Arthur always liked to
stick in the tape of the Horsetamer's Daughter while we were on the way and
I still have the whole thing memorized to this day)... I remember working
quite a few weekends from early in the morning until dark... if not later..
to clear the land, even on some holiday weekends(we had an Easter egg hunt
one year and made a dragon at one time as well as helping to clear brush
once we were big enough to help)... I even remember the holes we dug to make
permanent privies and signs we posted that showed where each of the camps
were located... and exactly where my brother (Sam) was when he tripped on a
rock and ended up in the ER with a broken collarbone... I just didn't
remember exactly where it was located.  It was fun, don't get me wrong.. I
have many fond memories of working and playing and getting to know many of
the people in this barony.  I spent a good portion of being a kid on that
site until it was no longer ours.  I was just watching the list talk about
the problems of maintaining a water trailer and wondering if the good gentle
thought about the maintenance on a piece of land and what kind of pot that
stirred up before he made his suggestion.  I'm not saying it was a good one
or a bad one, just a big one.

Marion (Brandy)