[Elfsea] Fwd: Re: WTC DISASTER

AerynGeil at aol.com AerynGeil at aol.com
Wed Sep 12 14:33:14 PDT 2001

--
One of the subscribers on the Gaelic language list had this suggestion for those who want to help and are unable to give blood.

Aeryn
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 07:58:15 -0700
Sender: Scottish Gaelic Language beginners forum              <GAIDHLIG-B at LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
From: Deborah White <gaidheal at DISTANTOAKS.COM>
Subject: Re: WTC DISASTER
To: GAIDHLIG-B at LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

A Fhraing 's a h-uile duine,

> Me too. Couldnt get to sleep last night thinking about all those people in
> the WTC.
> The hospitals here in Toronto and I believe across Canada are filled with
> people wanting to give blood to help. Everyone here wants to help and this
> seems the only way at the moment.

This is really wonderful to hear. I read on the NYT Web site that there's
enough blood for now, but that situation may change.

There's another way to help, for those of you who are animal lovers. People
are being encouraged to call the cargo departments of various airlines to
see if there are any animals who need temporary or permanent rescue. I have
a few numbers, as well as several numbers of rescue organizations in
Manhatten (for those who live in NY):

Horizon: 1-800-547-7660 (usually plus 4 on the menu)
United: 1-800-822-2746
Northwest: 1-800-692-2746 plus 5, or 1-800-225-2525 plus 5 for a human
(though there is no 5 on the menu!)
Delta cargo pet desk: 1-888-736-3738, or 1-800-352-2746 cargo desk

People at the above numbers should be able to give you the local cargo
desk numbers, or transfer you there.

The information on Manhatten rescue sites is (from another list):

1.Manhattan Center for Animal Care & Control 24 hour
 hotline....
 212 722 3620

 2.ASPCA
 212 876 7700
 Animal Placement
 212 876 4120/ 4121

 3.Bide-a-Wee
 410 East 38th Street
 NYC
 212 532 4455

 4.Hearts & Homes for Homeless Dogs
 4810 Surf Avenue
 Bklyn, New York 11224
 Mel & Roseanne - Rescue dogs available
 718 372 2794
 e-mail: luckycanine at yahoo.com

 5.Fund For Animals
 Have-a-Heart Clinic
 355 West 52 Street (btw 8th & 9th ave)
 NYC
 212 - 977 6877

 6.Brooklyn Center For Animal Care & Control
 2336 Linden Blvd
 Bklyn, N.Y
 ph: 718 272 7200
 www.nycacc.org

 7.Brooklyn Animal Resource Coalition
 253 Wythe Ave
 Bklyn, N.Y. 11211
 718 486 7489

Moran taing a rithist,

Gobnait

Want to signoff for a while?
Send command SIGNOFF GAIDHLIG-B to LISTSERV at LISTSERV.HEANET.IE