[Elfsea] RE: [Loch-Ruadh] So, how was the Wake?

Padraig O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Mon Apr 29 09:32:19 PDT 2002

Sorry that you and Daire could not make it, but I think we all know that conflicts of time often happen in the SCA.  :)

---------------------

The Wake was once again a rousing success, with 75+ people attend the combined wedding/wake.  Thank God it did not rain, as we parked vehicles not only in Polydore's front yard but also in his neighbor's empty lot next door.

The wedding went off without a hitch, though I thought Daniel might explode from nervousness.  :)  The pagentry was wonderful, and the bride so beautiful that she more than made up for the homely Irishman she was marrying.  :)  It was an honor to have Sir Merwyyd and HL Eleri, Baron and Baroness of Axemoor in Meridies attending, as well as our own Lord and Lady Loch Ruadh, Daniel and Siobhan, our new Baron and Baroness of Elfsea.

I was once again carried into the gathering in my coffin  (there is much less room inside it since we lined it with insulation so we could use it as a ice chest), and though no one had Irish whiskey handy to revive me with, Baron Daniel saved the day with some of the finest Scotch I have ever tasted.  Not only that, he poured it from about 4 or 5 feet above the coffin directly into my mouth without spilling any.  Thus revived, I rejoined the party and a good time was had by all.

The feast was incredible - an abundance of mouth-watering delights too vast for even the large number of well-wishers and mourners to polish off.  And after all of that, there was still wedding cake, groom's cake and cookies to contend with.  I don't believe anyone went hungry.

There was singing, drumming and dancing until the wee hours; I only made it until sometime between 4 and 5 a.m., but we made a valiant effort to make it an all-nighter.

Many thanks to all of those who came out on weekends and evenings before the actual day to help prepare the Keep and the grounds, and for those who showed up early on Saturday to take care of last minute cleaning and preparations.

And thanks also to all who came and enjoyed the day.  It brings great joy to this old Irishman's heart to know that I have such good friends, and so many of them.  Had I not a copper to my name, I would still count myself the richest man I know, for I count the friends I have to be far greater than all the gold and jewels that have ever existed.

What say we do it again next year?  (I think I may be having far too much fun for a dead man.)  And next year, I think we'll get an autocrat - this has grown beyond a mere party.  :)

Pádraig
Nunc est bibendum
Politicians prefer unarmed peasants

Sent via the WebMail system at irishbard.com