[Elfsea] Scarborough Faire Warning...

cehuse cehuse at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 13 18:36:24 PDT 2002

Word of warning...We went this morning before it started raining and saw some
things I didn't care for (and you know that I am no prude by any means).  There
were several folks there that were definitely from the Hawkwood crowd. Now I
have nothing against Hawkwood or fantasy play. However, how do explain people
dressed in BDSM attire to your children? There were several people out there
with nearly no clothes on and I saw body parts I didn't care for my children to
see. On the up side, there was a lord there who was dressed as a troll (bad
teeth, green skin and all) and he did a marvelous job staying in character (he
even made the children laughed when it was raining...he started dancing and
playing his drum in the pouring rain).

I just thought I would warn those of you with small children (that can ask
questions that you can't answer right now).

Maria
PS. During the morning ceremonies, the mayor of Waxahachie made April 13th
"Scarborough Faire Day".

*** St. Theresa's Prayer ****
May today there be peace within
May you trust your highest power that you are exactly where you are meant to
be....
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has
been given to you....
May you be content knowing you are a child of God....
Let this presence settle into our bones, and allow your soul the freedom to
sing, and dance,
It is there for each and every one of you....