[Elfsea] Pirates, and Parrots, and Cannon--Oh My!

SiobhanON at aol.com SiobhanON at aol.com
Fri Apr 26 08:26:53 PDT 2002

Dear Cousin and Lady Eclipse,
    Forsooth, forsooth! I fear for the safety of all Nobles in our lands. I
have advised my Ladies to secret daggers and knives in their bodices and
skirts lest these unholy pirates accost them. I have sent out messages of
warning to my Lord's guard, to be prepared to stand beside Steppes' own, to
help protect the populace of the King's lands under the guidance of the good
Harbormaster of the Steppes. Elfsea stands ready, awaiting the call from our
good cousins to the East. Lord Elfsea has called upon his champions to
sharpen their swords, knives, axes and spears, gather their arrows, and
prepare their rapier blades.
    We have ordered an inventory of our storehouses for extra supplies to put
at your disposal for the looming confrontation. We have located large stores
of ale and mead that we offer, to quench the thirst and keep up the morale of
all who join in our plight. We also have found grog and rum that may be used
to lure these brigands into a trap with the promise of revel.
    I have sent out messengers on swift horses to warn the rest of Ansteorra
of the impending threat, should they choose to join us in this defense of our
Kingdom. We did not want to use the waterways lest the pirates waylay them
and become aware of our preparation.
    I go now to see to the collection of goods whilst my Lord sees to the
preparation for transport. He tells me many carriages must be built and
horses collected. Keep yourselvs safe until we meet again.
In Service to the Crown,
Siobhan Elfsea