[Elfsea] Donnel's having emergency surgery

Tessa Nieto eleanor_cleavely at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 30 06:05:45 PDT 2002

 Glad to hear she is doing alright. My mother went through this when I was twelve. Her gall baldder attacked her something awful and it was a very scary situation. Please pass on to John and the kids that we are thinking good thoughts for them and hope she has a speedy recovery. Take care and we'll see you all soon.

Eleanor & Sebastian
  Vicki Marsh <XaraXene at attbi.com> wrote: The doctor said that we caught it just in time. It was the largest gall
bladder that he had ever seen. There was a gall stone about the size of a
quarter blocked it up and it was completely infected.

The scary thing is that if Donnel had done what the quack doctor at the
Mesquite hospital told her to do, it could have been much, much worse. They
did some blood work, took an X-Ray, gave her some medicine and the name of a
doctor to see on Monday. I hate to think what would have happened if she
had waited.

When I went to see her this afternoon, she was running a little fever and
complaining of being too warm. Obviously, she was really sick - this is the
lady that uses an electric blanket during August - but after having some
company, a pain pill, and lots of fluids, Donnel was looking better when I
left. Crandall had also visited her while I was there. John brought Emily
and Richard to the hospital for a short visit, also.

Llywelyn and I are watching her kids tonight and tomorrow night. She is
supposed to come home tomorrow, if everything goes well. Looks like she
will be out at least 2 weeks.

Of course, she's trying to figure out how to still run the kid's boffer
tourney at Warlord...

Later,
Xene