[Elfsea] A Pair of Elfsea Heroes

Timothy Rayburn timothy at elfsea.net
Mon Apr 8 11:08:00 PDT 2002

Good people of Elfsea,

We have heard many great words of heroic deeds done to get many people out of the mud and the muck.  The bards will tell in years to come of the valor of heroes from this weekend.  People of Elfsea for years to come will speak with pride of having stood beside Baron Daniel, Baron Galen, Lord Arradon, or Baron Llywelyn.  And this is good.

But I would this day commend to you two heroes who stand like giants amoungst even the esteemed company above.  These two, soft spoken people, who worked tirelessly to make this event occur.  Their names are Rebekah and Fearghus.

These gentles have spent months preparing for this event, pouring their efforts into coordinating every small detail in order that each of us might have a pleasant time.  And then the weather came...

It is a truth of dealing with people that imclement weather, and adverse packing conditions will make you miserable.  And it is also an unfortunate truth that misery loves company.  Rebekah and Fearghus had hoisted upon them these immense tasks, of dealing with each of us at less than our best.  And yet, in the end, we have all made it home dry, and not much the worse for wear.

As we wrap up from this event ... pack the last items away ... calculate the finances ... dry out the pavilions ... remember to thank these two heroes amoungst heroes for their efforts.  Because every person who enjoyed themselves in spite of the weather, did so because of them.

So say I,

Lord Timothy of Glastinbury
Steward of Elfsea Springfaire 2001