[Elfsea] Grave Warnings

housedragonstar dragonstar1 at prodigy.net
Tue Apr 23 15:25:53 PDT 2002

Unto her Excellency, Siobhan, Baroness of Elfsea doth Medb Liath, Lady Eclipse send greetings.

I write to you this day to tell you of the dire words which have come to me from my dear brother, Stephen mac Thomas who lives in Gates Edge.  Just before we departed this fair kingdom to turn back the Trimaran scourge, he told me that he had heard that pirates had been sighted in Ansteorran waters.  We both agreed that this could not be so and that our shores were indeed safe and that no pirate would dare risk coming ashore.

I have received word from him that the rumors are true!  Not only have pirates been seen on our shores, but he has intercepted a communication betwixt them and they are planning on gathering at Steppes Warlord.  Apparently, they believe that Steppes will grant them safe harbor.  This letter stated that the pirates would gather after their Excellencies Steppes' most wonderful court and that they would easily hide themselves amongst the other bards and revellers in their "usual" location.

My dear brother fears for our safety, and has said that he will continue to pursue these unseemly and immoral lot to see just exactly where they intend to gather to sing, drink, carouse and generally make merry.

I pray you alert your guard for I fear for yours and your dear lord's safety.

I remain at your service,
Medb Liath
Lady Eclipse