[Elfsea] writing a resume

cehuse cehuse at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 10 16:15:17 PDT 2002

Sounds good to me. But several years ago when I took a job-hunting class, They
told me to use numbers on your resume. Try something like this:

Domestic Engineer – July 1993 until present
Managing building including landscaping; general housekeeping; procuring
necessary consumer goods; paying any and all incoming expenses invoices; recieve
most incoming calls; distribution of any and all messages;receiveing and
distribution of incoming and outgoing mail; and tending to welfare of 2 adults
and 3 children.

You might want to also include your accomplishments in the SCA...your awards for
service (give a brief explanation), list the years you were our land-lady at
Gulf Wars and explain what you did. List anything that might show that you are a
leader and that you can multi-task.

The hardest thing about going back to work after an extended leave from the
workforce is proving that you aren't just a mommy but a valuable employee. I had
this trouble after my divorce from my first husband and had to find work quickly
and find work that paid well.

Good luck and happy job hunting!

Maria